- Day 1 & 2 – Amsterdam
- Day 3 – Amsterdam, Avalon & Zaanse Schans
- Day 4 – More Amsterdam & Departure
- Day 5 – Cologne
- Day 6 – Rhine Gorge to Rudesheim
- Day 7 – Miltenberg
- Day 8 -Wurzburg
- Day 9 – Bamberg
- Day 10 – Nurnberg (Nuremberg)
- Day 11 – Regensburg
- Day 12 – Passau, Cesky Krumlov & Linz
- Day 13 – Melk & the Wachau Valley
- Day 15 – Bratislava & Scloss Hof
- Day 16 – Budapest
- Day 17 – More Budapest
- Day 18 – A lot more Budapest
- Day 19 – Budapest back to Vienna
- Day 20 – Vienna
- Day 21 – Vienna
We awoke in Passau, Germany, our last German stop. We were heading off straight away to the Czech Republic, so our bus took us up to the top of the hill so we could see the town of Passau below.
Our trip took about an hour and a half and took us through the German countryside and into the Czech Republic. Cesky Krumlov is a UNESCO world heritage site (I’m starting to think most of Europe is?)
Unlike the other places we’ve visited, the Christmas market at Cesky Krumlov was still open. These pictures are of some of the food vendors.
The castle and a few more pictures…
After leaving Cesky Krumlov, we headed back to the Vista which was now docked in Linz, Austria. These next pictures were taken from my cabin, it is the Ars Electronica Center, a center for the electronic arts. The building is covered with a 5000 metre glass skin that consists of 1100 glass panels, each of which is equipped with an LED bar. The effect at night is quite stunning as the building continuously changes colour.