- Day 1 & 2 – Amsterdam
- Day 3 – Amsterdam, Avalon & Zaanse Schans
- Day 4 – More Amsterdam & Departure
- Day 5 – Cologne
- Day 6 – Rhine Gorge to Rudesheim
- Day 7 – Miltenberg
- Day 8 -Wurzburg
- Day 9 – Bamberg
- Day 10 – Nurnberg (Nuremberg)
- Day 11 – Regensburg
- Day 12 – Passau, Cesky Krumlov & Linz
- Day 13 – Melk & the Wachau Valley
- Day 15 – Bratislava & Scloss Hof
- Day 16 – Budapest
- Day 17 – More Budapest
- Day 18 – A lot more Budapest
- Day 19 – Budapest back to Vienna
- Day 20 – Vienna
- Day 21 – Vienna
Today’s stop was Miltenberg, a town of less than 10,000 people located on the Main River (pronounced “Mine”). It’s a very picturesque town, with many half timber houses that date back to the 16th century.
The building on the right is the Hotel Zum Reisen, one of the oldest continually operating hotels in the world.
Half Timbered houses on the Hauptstrasse
The Central Market
Looking down on the bridge from the Mildenburg Castle
The bridge was destroyed by a German bomb near the end of WWII, only the gatehouse and pillars survived.
This church was located just outside the city wall. Only Catholic churches were allowed to be built inside.
The houses all have a marking to indicate the profession of the original owner. This entrance way indicates that this was a baker’s home (yes, that’s a pretzel)
Looking back up the very calm Main River