- Day 1 & 2 – Amsterdam
- Day 3 – Amsterdam, Avalon & Zaanse Schans
- Day 4 – More Amsterdam & Departure
- Day 5 – Cologne
- Day 6 – Rhine Gorge to Rudesheim
- Day 7 – Miltenberg
- Day 8 -Wurzburg
- Day 9 – Bamberg
- Day 10 – Nurnberg (Nuremberg)
- Day 11 – Regensburg
- Day 12 – Passau, Cesky Krumlov & Linz
- Day 13 – Melk & the Wachau Valley
- Day 15 – Bratislava & Scloss Hof
- Day 16 – Budapest
- Day 17 – More Budapest
- Day 18 – A lot more Budapest
- Day 19 – Budapest back to Vienna
- Day 20 – Vienna
- Day 21 – Vienna
The day started with a nice relaxing morning cruising the Main River. There was a bit of frost overnight and it was quite still and calm as the sun starting coming up over the trees.
Our next stop was Bamberg, a city of about 70,000 that is known for 2 things. The 1st – the old city is a UNESCO world heritage site. The 2nd – it’s known for its beers with 10 different breweries that produce over 30 different ales.
Bamberg’s old city hall (Altes Rathaus) is uniquely located on a bridge over the river Regnitz. The half timbered section dates back to 1440, while the larger section was added in 1668.
After our tour we had some free time to wander around, so a glass of gluwein by a table top fire pit seemed to be in order.
More reflections and camera fun before heading back.