- A trip to the end of the earth – Falklands, South Georgia & Antarctica–Explorers & Kings
- Ushuaia–Fin del Mundo
- Ushuaia–Day 2
- Waiting for my ship to come in…
- Come sail away…
- Day #1 & 2 – En route to the Falklands
- Day #3 – West Point Island & Saunders Island, The Falklands
- Day # 4 – Stanley–more British than Britain
- Day # 7 – Right Whale Bay & Salisbury Plain–Kings, kings & more kings
- Day #8 – In the footsteps of Shackleton
- Day #9 – Elephants & Kings – St. Andrew’s Bay & Gold Harbour
- Day #10 – Cooper Bay & Drygalski Fjord
- Day #13 – Elephant Island
- Day #14 – Setting foot on Antarctica
- Day #15 – Whales, whales and more whales – a “Tail” of a perfect day
- Day # 16 – Deception Island & Half Moon Bay
- Day 19 & 20 – Buenos Aires
- Antarctica Photo Gallery
Not only does the sun set late here, it also rises pretty early (more on that later).
After breakfast I decided to take a walk on the shorter trails here at the hotel. Cameras ready, I set off. As I stepped outside, my guide appeared out of nowhere and escorted me to the trail.
The trail mainly goes around a peat bog, but also through the forest. The only way I can describe it was other-wordly.
My guide was always ahead of me, there were times I’d come around the corner and he’d be waiting for me. As soon as he saw me coming, off he’d go. Nevertheless, after a while he abandoned me. I think he got tired of me stopping to take pictures!
At the end of the enchanted forest, I came upon a magical castle (really it was just my hotel)
After my walk I decided to head into town to just explore.
Lupin is plentiful around town, providing splashes of colour all around the “downtown” area.
Most of the public vehicles in town are very old, that includes the taxis and this double decker bus is no exception.
This next picture in and of itself is nothing special, but the couple in the photo below left Mexico November 16, 2014 and arrived in Ushuaia December 18, 2106 – and they did it all on their bicycles. What a journey that must have been!
That’s all for today – tomorrow I move into town and my ship is scheduled to arrive in the wee hours of the morning. We sail Tuesday at 5 pm…
3 thoughts on “Ushuaia–Day 2”
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the next one. Safe sailing.
We are enjoying your blog,.Hope we can get it from the ship.We may have to stay home to follow your trip.
Looking lovely so far Kathy. Stay safe and enjoy! Xxx